Employer name: Hilton Garden Inn Hotel
Program Option: Full Sponsor Placed
Location: Kitty Hawk, The Outer Banks, North Carolina
Company: Hilton Garden Inn is the proud flagship brand of Hilton Hotels Corporation and the most recognized name in the global lodging industry. Hilton Garden Inn has over 700 hotels in cities all over the world.
Community: The Outer Banks is a small residential community located on the barrier islands of North Carolina on the East Coast of the United States. It has much to offer the 5 million visitors and residents. Home to lighthouses, the site of the Wright Brothers’ first flight, the largest sand dunes on the East Coast, Aquariums, and most of all — the beach.
Start date: 06/01 – 07/15
End date: 09/01 – 09/30
Positions & Rates / Per Hour
Rotational Front of House positions – pay rate varies based on the shift assigned:
– Server: $4/+tips (Overtime rate – $6+tips)
– Host: $11.00 per hour (Overtime rate – $16.5)
– Expo: $11.00 per hour (Overtime rate – $16.5)
– Busser: $11.00 per hour (Overtime rate – $16.5)
– Banquet Server: $4 + tips (Overtime rate – $6+tips)
– Banquet Houseperson: $11.00 per hour (Overtime rate – $16.5)
Weekly Hours: 32 – 40 / +
Housing & Transportation:
- Housing in an Apartment/Host Family. Typical housing in the Outer Banks is a shared 3–4-person shared bedroom, 7-10 person apartments/house with basic furniture, utilities, electricity, water.
- Housing Fee: $140 per week + $500 deposit
- Housing Payment: Plan to pay 2 weeks rent plus deposit at arrival or prior depending on landlord
- Transportation: No local transportation, housing will be biking distance to work. You must be okay riding a bike. The Host Company does provide each student with a helmet, bike lock, bike lights and reflectable backpack to wear.