Are there any special application forms for the Lottery?
No, there are no special forms. Each person can prepare an application on their own, using for this purpose a specially created website of the Department of State, which is used to submit applications.
When are DV-2023 entries accepted?
Registration of applications by the United States for the next DV-2023 lottery has started and will last until 5 p.m. on November 9, 2021.
How many applications can one person send?
Can husband and wife submit separate lottery entries?
Who can take part in the lottery?
Anyone who has secondary education or its equivalent (i.e. 12 years of study) or two years of work experience in the last five years (in a learned profession, requiring at least two years of study or training) can participate in the draw* e.g.:
- If you have demonstrated two years of work experience as a plumber in the last five years and had two years of training for this profession or apprenticeship prior to doing it, you can participate in the draw;
- Even if you did not finish any school and in five years worked for two years in the profession to which you were trained, you also qualify;
- If you do not meet any of the above conditions, and your spouse does, then only he / she should submit a lottery ticket; if drawn, the whole family receives a Green Card.
* secondary education or work experience should be documented only at the time of visiting the Embassy, i.e. 9 months after the deadline for accepting applications at the earliest. This gives a chance to participate in the draw for people with less recent work experience or students graduating from secondary schools.
Who should be included in the lottery aplication?
The application should include:
- Your spouse, even if the spouses are separated;
- All unmarried children under the age of 21; it is necessary to list all children, regardless of whether they are children of the spouse from a previous marriage or they are adopted children.
Can applicants for a different immigrant visa category participate in the lottery?
Can people residing in the USA participate in the Lottery?
Who will be informed about the drawing results and by what date?
How many entries will be drawn?
How long do the selected persons retain the right to apply for a DV-2023 visa?
Do the randomly selected persons have to go only to the indicated places?
Who can go with the Lottery Winner to the USA?
The winner may be accompanied by:
- The spouse, also the spouse married after the draw,
- Unmarried children under 21, including those born after the draw.